Delivery Driver / Warehouse Associate
Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
This position will be located in Lenexa, KS.
Supports the operation functions of the warehouse. Receives incoming freight and checks the material for damages or shortages. Distributes material to the proper stock locations. Fills special orders and/or backorders as material is received. Follows up with appropriate departments, carriers and/or vendors on receiving discrepancies, damages and shortages. Maintains assigned inventory stock locations making sure the material that is put away has the correct locator and the shelves are kept neat and orderly. Fills orders for delivery to customers. Informs proper departments of “stock outs”, inventory discrepancies and other inventory problems or concerns.
- Receives incoming freight and checks the material for damages or shortages.
- Distributes material to the proper stock locations.
- Fills special orders and/or backorders as material is received.
- Follows-up with appropriate departments, carriers and/or vendors on receiving discrepancies, damages and shortages.
- Checks and packs material to be delivered.
- Should have a full understanding of truck routes and may coordinate deliveries with our own trucks, assigned freight companies or other carriers based on special requests or the best way to ship material.
- Maintains shipping equipment and keeps work area clean and safe.
- Maintains assigned inventory stock locations making sure material put away has the correct locator and the shelves are kept neat and orderly.
- Fills orders for delivery to customers.
- Assures all batched managed material is labeled accurately and inventoried, as needed.
- Maintains delivery vehicle in clean, good working condition and monitors maintenance and mileage data, as appropriate.
- Maintains daily driver logs and vehicle inspection sheets, as appropriate.
- Operates and maintains all equipment in a safe manner and adheres to all local, state, and federal traffic and safety regulations.
- Supports the operations functions of the warehouse.
- Informs proper departments of “stock outs”, inventory discrepancies and other inventory problems or concerns.
- May assist the City Desk and Will Call areas in providing customer service functions including, but not limited to, order entry, filling orders, processing returns, expediting, technical assistance, Will Call, and other functions, as needed.
- May provide delivery of material to customer sites.
- Assists with loading and unloading of trucks.
- Notifies supervisor of any building or equipment maintenance, repair needs and/or any security concerns.
- Assists with other duties/projects as assigned by supervisor/manager.
- Two-years of work experience preferred.
- Prior warehouse distribution experience including forklift operation and knowledge of electrical products/systems is also preferred.
- If the employee will be driving, the following criteria must be met: 1) Candidate must be at least 21 years of age. 2) Possess a valid driver’s license to operate company vehicle and a current medical certification may be required.
- PC working knowledge for Windows, Internet, email and SAP software is a plus.
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with over 100 locations in 22 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries.
Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers’ needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you’re responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged.
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?
Border States has a competitive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity
- FSA & HSA
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Disability Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Personal Leave time and more!
- Border States provides bonuses to their employee-owners upon the achievement of branch and company goals.
Equal Opportunity For All
It’s not just the law. It’s something we’ve believed in since our founding. We value the diversity of all of our employee-owners and will always be an equal opportunity employer.
Drug Free/Smoke Free Workplace